Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Die Alone

I'm working on a romanic scene right now. I've been dreading it because in my experience, romance in real life and romance in fiction are two different things. I'm trying to instill a little truth in Penny and Will's relationship without making it depressing.

This song is inspiring the scene. I've loved it for a very long time and it has specific meaning to the overall plot of the novel. Excerpt from the scene will be posted at some point today.

"You make me think I won't die alone..."

3 comments:

  1. What's your word count? I love Ingrid Michaelson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only around 12k. Boo, I know... But at least I'm still at it. At least, that's what I tell myself as consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 12k is pretty admirable for someone who has 2 daughters, a husband, 3 pets and a full-time job! Way to go! I would have probably given up by day 3 and I've only got half as many distractions.

    ReplyDelete